Regional forest program of Västerbotten county – the short version
In 2015, the national forest program of Sweden started with the government's vision: The forest, the green gold, will contribute with jobs and sustainable growth throughout the country and to the development of a growing bioeconomy
In 2018, a strategy and action plan for the national forest program were presented. The strategy contained goals for five focus areas and also a proposal for a regional dimension, ie regional forest programs.
In the autumn of 2018, therefore, the regional forest program of Västerbotten county started with the government's vision and the goals for the five focus areas as a basis.
The aim for the regional forest program of Västerbotten is to work for a growing bioeconomy and strengthen the role of forests in a sustainable society, by being
- A meeting place for discussions about opportunities and challenges, including conflicts
- A platform for promoting collaboration and for realizing ideas
- A communication hub for increased knowledge about the forests and forestry activities, as well as various issues related to these
To achieve the purpose and goals of the regional forest program of Västerbotten county, extensive collaboration is an absolute necessity
- Between the lead partners, i.e. the County Administrative Board of Västerbotten, the Swedish Forest Agency, and Region Västerbotten
- With different industries and organizations
- With other regional forest programs in Sweden and Finland in general, and the regional forest programs in Norrbotten, Jämtland and Västernorrland counties in particular
If you are interested in more information about the regional forest program of Västerbotten county, please email firstname.lastname@example.org